The Senate is broken and both parties are to blame, the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) says in a new fundraiser that touts support for battleground state candidates that includes U.S. Representative Marsha Blackburn (R-TN-07).
“Despite controlling the Senate, the House and the White House, Senate Republicans have failed to keep their biggest promises,” SCF President Ken Cuccinelli II says.
Blackburn is running for the Senate against Democratic challenger former Gov. Phil Bredesen.
SCF is a national grassroots organization trying to “bring bold conservative leadAll Postsership to Washington by supporting candidates who will fight for the timeless conservative principles of limited government, strong national defense, and traditional family values,” its website says.
Rolling off a list of grievances against Senate Republicans, the organization says:
- They failed to repeal Obamacare.
- They failed to build the border wall.
- They failed to stop sanctuary cities.
- They failed to defund Planned Parenthood.
“It’s time to fix the Senate by electing battle-tested, Trump-approved conservatives in battleground races,” Cuccinelli says.
Their fundraising page is available here.
Cuccinelli says SCF will pay all processing fees and transfer your contributions directly to the candidates’ campaigns.
President Trump has personally endorsed each of these candidates and urged all Americans to support them.
The candidates are:
- Republican Josh Hawley faces U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO). State Attorney General Hawley has a proven record of supporting and defending the Constitution, the group says.
- Blackburn has a strong record of fighting for border security and the sanctity of life.
- Republican Mike Braun faces U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly (D-IN). Braun is a successful businessman who is a political outsider. He will stand up to the big spenders in both parties, SCF says.
- Republican John James is running against U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI). This combat veteran and businessman is a conservative outsider and he’s giving Stabenow the fight of her life, the organization says.
- In Montana, Republican Matt Rosendale is up against Democratic U.S. Senator Jon Tester. Rosendale has a proven record of fighting to stop Obamacare, to cut wasteful spending, and to defend property rights, SCF says.
- Patrick Morrisey, a Republican, faces U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-W.V.). State Attorney General Morrisey is a reliable conservative who has fought Obamacare and the job-killing EPA, SCF says.
- U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) is up against U.S. Congressman Beto O’Rourke (D-TX-16). Cruz has a long record of fighting for conservative policies in the Senate, making him a top target for the left, the group says.
These races are very close, which is why Democrats are doing everything they can to defeat these conservatives because the races are so close, SCF says.
Jason M. Reynolds has more than 20 years’ experience as a journalist at outlets of all sizes.
Photo “Marsha Blackburn” by facebook.com/marshablackburnforsenate