One year after Renata Soto, founder and director of Nashville-based Conexion Americas was elected as chairman of the board of the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), gubernatorial candidate Randy Boyd and his wife Jenny donated $250,000 to Soto’s organization.
In a letter signed by Soto the Boyd donation was described as an “historic investment” and as “the single largest individual gift” to Conexion Americas in its 14-year history.
Soto’s other organization, NCLR has been generously funded by George Soros.
On Friday, March 10, 2017, The Tennessee Star asked the Boyd campaign’s communications director the following questions:
- Can you confirm whether Randy Boyd knew about Renata Soto’s leadership role with NCLR when he donated the $250K to her Nashville organization?
- Was he aware that Ms. Soto’s Nashville organization is a named affiliate of NCLR?
- If he was not aware of Ms. Soto’s leadership role with NCLR, would he have still made the donation had he known about her leadership role with NCLR?
- Did Randy Boyd know about Ms. Soto’s leadership role with NCLR when she was asked to join the board of Complete Tennessee?
- Does Randy Boyd support the Governor’s fuel tax proposal?
The Boyd campaign has not responded.