U.S. Congressman Steve Cohen, a Democrat representing Tennessee’s Ninth Congressional District, reportedly warned that U.S. Republican President Donald Trump’s recent rally in North Carolina was on par with Nazism.
Cohn reportedly made these remarks on an MSNBC interview this past week.
Cohen took issue with Trump’s criticism of U.S. Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, representing Minnesota’s Fifth Congressional District.
“It was more reminiscent of Germany during the beginnings of the Hitler regime. People yelling send her back. That was un-American,” The Washington Times quoted Cohen as saying.
“Republicans should stand up and let people know they are for the security of all Americans, for all American citizens, and nobody should be sent back. Nobody should be encouraged to be sent back.”
As The Tennessee Star has reported, these are not the only hyperbolic remarks Cohen has made this year.
This calendar year alone, Cohen has already expressed his delight over the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives no longer requiring people to say “so help me God” under oath.
At the time of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire in France earlier this year, Cohen used the occasion to say Trump is “torching the entire structure of government.”
Among other outbursts, Cohen has also:
• Said the Founding Fathers created the nation’s Electoral College as a way to hurt black people.
• Pushed for a formal study on slavery reparations.
• Co-sponsored the Green New Deal
• Celebrated people on welfare not having to work for their benefits
• Compared U.S. Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn to the mentally-challenged Waterboy character
• Spent $200,000 of taxpayer money on a study to determine whether stress makes kids fat.
• As reported, Cohen lost his temper at a news conference in Memphis in 2013 when Tennessee Watchdog asked former U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius what she would say to people whose health insurance costs doubled or tripled due to Obamacare.
• Cohen has said Tea Party supporters are no different than arsonists and compared Republicans to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels for opposing Obamacare.
• Cohen said the Ebola virus would mutate into a Biblical-style plague that would devastate Tennessee– unless state Republicans in the Tennessee General Assembly complied fully with Obamacare and expanded Medicaid.
– – –