Rashida Tlaib Brags About 2016 Altercation with Secret Service at Trump Event

Find what drives you at Beaman Auto!
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI-13) recently bragged about the fact that Secret Service had to remove her from a 2016 Trump event, saying “it’s going to take more than six Secret Service to take me out.”

Tlaib made the comments during a Thursday speech at the National Action Network Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. The first-term congresswoman spoke alongside a number of prominent liberals, including Rev. Al Sharpton, founder of the National Action Network, and several of her House colleagues.

“Sis, I’m so proud of you,” Tlaib said her brother told her after he saw the video of her being removed from the 2016 event.

“I was like, I’ve done civil disobedience work,” she said. “I’ve done this stuff before. What’s the big deal.”

“He goes, ‘No, sis, I watched the video. All the other women needed only two Secret Service. You needed six,” Tlaib continued to applause and laughter from the audience.

“So I’m going to tell you all: they’re going to need a lot more than corporate donations and all these corporate-led candidates to take me out. I’m going to outwork the hate,” she concluded her remarks. “It’s going to take more than six Secret Service to take me out.”

At the time of the incident, Tlaib was a former Michigan state legislator turned non-profit public interest lawyer. She was removed from Detroit’s Cobo Center along with 14 other protesters and yelled “you guys are crazy” at a group of Trump supporters before being kicked out.

President Donald Trump called Tlaib a “crazed lunatic” earlier this year after a video of the incident surfaced.

“There is no way she stands for the values of the people of Michigan. But I watched her this morning. She’s vicious,” he said. “She starts screaming, and this is not a sane person, folks, when you look at that. And this is what we’re up against.”

The House Ethics Committee released a report last week recommending an extension of its investigation into Tlaib and suggested subpoenaing her. The report said there is “substantial reason to believe” the representative misused campaign funds.

– – –

Anthony Gockowski is managing editor of Battleground State News, The Ohio Star, and The Minnesota Sun. Follow Anthony on Twitter. Email tips to [email protected].

 

 

 

 

 

 

Related posts

Comments