The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is pleased to partner with the Ford Motor Company Fund for the museum’s 11th Ford Community Day, on Sunday, December 15. Museum admission will be FREE from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. next Sunday, as a way to say “thank you” to the Middle Tennessee community and to reward lucky out-of-town visitors. Tours of Hatch Show Print and Historic RCA Studio B will also be free and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
In addition to touring the exhibit galleries, visitors can choose from a variety of programs and events that offer fun for all ages. Singer-songwriter and Warner Music Nashville recording artist Ingrid Andress, whose singles include “More Hearts Than Mine” and “Lady Like,” will headline a full day of activity that includes a songwriter session with Kelly Archer, a musician spotlight with Fats Kaplin and free photos with Santa.
Performances and film screenings include:
- Songwriter Session: Kelly Archer (11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m., Ford Theater)
- Musician Spotlight: Fats Kaplin (1 p.m. – 2 p.m., Ford Theater)
- Performance: Ingrid Andress (2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m., CMA Theater)
Family programs include:
- Creative Zone: Golden Hour Paper Fans (10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Taylor Swift Education Center)
- Drop-In Hatch Show Print Letterpress Art (10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Hatch Show Print)
- Family Program: Learn to Line Dance: Country Crossover (10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m., Taylor Swift Education Center)
- Family Program: Musical Petting Zoo (10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Taylor Swift Education Center)
- Free photos with Santa (11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Mike Curb Conservatory)
- Family Program: Beginner Ukulele Workshop: DeFord Bailey Style (1:30 p.m.–2 p.m., 2:15 p.m.–2:45 p.m. and 3 p.m.–3:30 p.m., Taylor Swift Education Center)
- Family Program: DeFord Bailey DIY Harmonicas (1:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m., Taylor Swift Education Center)
Andress co-wrote her current single, “More Hearts than Mine,” which has reached the Top 25 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs Chart. She made her national television debut earlier this year on Late Night with Seth Meyers, performing her first single, “Lady Like.” Her other recent releases include “Both” and “We’re Not Friends.” This performance will be free, but patrons will need a program pass for admission. Reservations for tickets to the Ingrid Andress performance will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, December 10, at countrymusichalloffame.org/fcd. A limited number of program passes will also be available at the museum on Sunday, December 15, Ford Community Day.
“A part of Nashville for more than 50 years, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum makes it a priority to give back to the local community,” said Steve Turner, chairman of the museum’s board of officers and trustees. “Each year, the Ford Motor Company Fund generously allows the museum to open its doors for free to the public. We are grateful for their support and excited to make the museum available to our community for what is sure to be a memorable day.”
“The Middle Tennessee Ford Dealers, along with Ford Motor Company Fund, look forward to again offering the opportunity to enjoy the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum’s premier educational experiences at no cost,” said John Barker, owner, Two Rivers Ford. “Ford’s ties to country music run deep. Henry Ford launched many of his early models at fiddling competitions across the U.S., knowing that country music and the stories behind it were strongly connected to the everyday American. As a long-time partner of the museum, the Ford Motor Company Fund is proud to support Ford Community Day, as it allows us to honor our traditions of supporting music and giving back to our community.”
In addition to programming and events, special discounts are available to museum visitors that day. Ford Community Day visitors who show their Ford car key will receive 10 percent off purchases in Circa The Museum Store and Hatch Show Print, and on food and beverage purchases at Red Onion and Bajo Sexto (excludes alcohol and gift certificates).
Visitors who wish to purchase a museum membership on this day will receive a 20 percent discount on any Individual or Family Level membership. The discount will be honored only on Dec. 15, 2019, at both the membership desk and online. Visit countrymusichalloffame.org/membership and use discount code FORD20.
For more information on Ford Community Day, visit countrymusichalloffame.org/fcd
– – –