The chairman of an organization that promotes national sovereignty is calling on 17 specific Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives to vote no on likely articles of impeachment against U.S. Republican President Donald Trump.
This, after U.S. Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN-07) (pictured right) announced he plans to vote no.
“Last week I called on Rep. Peterson to be a profile in courage and announce before the vote that he will vote against this Congressional abuse of power and cast a ‘no’ ballot on impeachment,” said Jeff Webb, chairman of the New American Populist, on Sunday.
“I congratulate Rep. Peterson for putting his country first, and not his party, by publicly announcing his opposition to this partisan vote that will further divide an already dangerously polarized nation.”
Webb then said these 17 additional Democrats should follow Peterson’s example and “and unify our splintered country by voting no on these outrageously dishonest and unfair articles of impeachment.”
“Impeachment is taking up all the oxygen and preventing Congress from doing good things for middle class Americans” Webb said on NewAmericanPopulist.com
U.S. Rep. Jeff Van Drew (D-NJ-02) announced he plans to switch to the Republican Party because of Trump’s likely impeachment.
Among the Democrats Webb identified:
• U.S. Rep. Abby Finkenaur (D-IA-1)
• U.S. Rep. Dave Loebsack (D-IA-2)
• U.S. Rep. Cindy Axne (D-IA-3)
• U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood (D-IL-14)
• U.S. Rep. Cheri Bustos (D-IL-17)
• U.S. Rep. Jared Golden (D-ME-2)
• U.S. Rep. Elissa Slotkin (D-MI-8)
• U.S. Rep. Hale Stevens (D-MI-11)
• U.S. Rep. Chris Pappas (D-NH-1)
• U.S. Rep. Xochitl Torres Small (D-NM-2)
• U.S. Rep. Anthony Brindisi (D-NY-22)
• U.S. Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH-9)
• U.S. Rep. Kendra Horn (D-OK-5)
• U.S. Rep. Joe Cunningham (D-SC-1)
• U.S. Rep. Ben McAdams (D-UT-4)
• U.S. Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI-3)
• U.S. Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-VA-7)
“Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi can now potentially count on a maximum of only 232 votes – 231 Democrats and one Independent to vote yes, which is only 16 votes more than the 216 votes she will need to rush this divisive impeachment sham through the House,” according to the website.
– – –