Members of the Tennessee Alliance/Tennessee Grassroots Patriots have created a formal document people may use to pass along to their elected officials at the county and city level to declare they give no consent to refugee resettlement.
President Trump’s recent executive order allowed state and local governments to say no to the resettlement of refugees in their geographic areas.
Last week, Gov. Bill Lee said yes to the continued resettlement of refugees in the state, despite widespread opposition, particularly among members of his own Republican party.
People may read the document here.
“A formal document has been created, for your use, by an attorney who is HIGHLY familiar with the Refugee Resettlement issue. The document is titled: A Resolution of No Consent to Refugee Resettlement,” according to an email members of the organization sent members this week.
“Please print and give this document to your City Mayor & Chairman of your County Commissioners for their use in declaring your city/county NO CONSENT TO REFUGEE RESETTLEMENT.”
Among the people members of the Tennessee Alliance/Tennessee Grassroots Patriots ask people to contact:
• Tennessee Republican Gov. Bill Lee at the State Capitol, 1st Floor, 600 Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Blvd., Nashville, TN 37243, (615) 741-2001. Email form to contact Governor Lee:
• U.S. Republican President Donald Trump with the following contact information: Comments: 202-456-1111; Switchboard: 202-456-1414; TTY/TTD Comments: 202-456-6213; Twitter: @potus OR @realdonaldtrump; Email: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/; By Mail at The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500
• U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at https://register.state.gov/contactus/contactusform and on Twitter at @SECPOMPEO
• The Tennessee House of Representatives web site (and to look up your State Rep):
• Members of the Tennessee Senate at http://www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/members/
• U.S. Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander at (202) 224-4944
• U.S. Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn at (202) 224-3344
• The toll-free U.S. Capitol Switchboard at 1-866-220-0044.
• You may also contact members of the Tennessee Alliance/Tennessee Grassroots Patriots at [email protected]
As The Tennessee Star reported last week, members of the organization have asked that people engage with their local and other elected officials to make sure their areas are not refugee resettlement areas.
They ask that you also contact your local elected officials to make sure they do declare your area a Second Amendment Sanctuary.
Members of the Tennessee Alliance/Tennessee Grassroots Patriots made this request in an email to their members last weekend. They cited U.S. Republican President Donald Trump’s recent Executive Order allowing states and localities to reject the resettlement of refugees into their areas.
Members of the group are asked to contact their city and county mayors and county commissioners “to issue a formal directive to the Governor of Tennessee, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and President Trump, Your TN. State Rep. & Senator, indicating that they DO NOT WANT Refugees Resettled into their areas.”
The group also offered an article on the costs of refugee resettlement.
Members of the Tennessee Alliance/Tennessee Grassroots Patriots also referenced a bill introduced in the state House and Senate concerning refugee resettlement. Group members want people to contact their state House and state Senate representatives and ask them to co-sponsor the bill.
– – –