Democratic U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is “the greatest female politician in American history,” according to U.S. Rep. Steve Cohen (D-TN-09).
Cohen used his Twitter account Sunday to put Pelosi on a moral pedestal. He did this while also bashing U.S. Republican President Donald Trump — in the midst of a potentially cataclysmic national emergency.
The congressman then revered Pelosi as “one of, if not the greatest Speakers in our history.”
— Steve Cohen (@RepCohen) March 30, 2020
Cohen did this while showing a recent video of Pelosi on television saying Trump did not do enough to protect Americans from COVID-19.
“Because the other day when he was signing the bill he said ‘Just think. Twenty days ago everything was great.’ Everything wasn’t great. We had nearly 500 cases and 17 deaths already and in that 20 days because we weren’t prepared we now have 2,000 deaths and 100,000 cases,” Pelosi said.
“So, again, we want to work in a unifying way to get the job done here. But we cannot continue to allow him to continue to make these underestimates of what is actually happening here. This is such a tragedy. We don’t even know the magnitude of it because we do not have the adequate testing.”
This is not the first time Cohen has used the outbreak of a potentially deadly virus as a reason to bash Republicans.
As reported, Cohen said years ago the Ebola virus would mutate into a Biblical-style plague that would devastate Tennessee — unless state Republicans in the Tennessee General Assembly complied fully with Obamacare and expanded Medicaid.
Among other things, as reported, Cohen has also, in the past, done or said the following:
• Warned that a Trump rally in North Carolina wason par with Nazism.
• Expressed delight over the Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives no longer requiring people to say “so help me God” under oath.
• At the time of the Notre Dame Cathedral fire in France last year, Cohen used the occasion to say Trump is “torching the entire structure of government.”
• Said the Founding Fathers created the nation’s Electoral College as a way to hurt black people.
• Pushed for a formal study on slavery reparations.
• Co-sponsored the Green New Deal
• Celebrated people on welfare not having to work for their benefits
• Compared U.S. Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn to the mentally-challenged Waterboy character
• Spent $200,000 of taxpayer money on a study to determine whether stress makes kids fat.
• Lost his temper at a news conference in Memphis in 2013 when Tennessee Watchdog asked former U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius what she would say to people whose health insurance costs doubled or tripled due to Obamacare.
• Said Tea Party supporters are no different than arsonists and compared Republicans to Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels for opposing Obamacare.
• Said Blackburn should jump off the Harahan Bridge in Memphis.
– – –