Memphis Police reported that six people died this past weekend in various shooting incidents.
A Memphis Police spokesman, who did not identify himself, told The Tennessee Star Tuesday that seven people died. That same spokesman did not provide additional details, but he did refer us to the Memphis Police Department’s Twitter page, which reported six shooting deaths.
Memphis Police tweeted about the following incidents during the weekend:
• On Saturday, Memphis Police responded to a shooting at the 2800 block of Vayu Court. Police reported finding a male shooting victim who later died from his injuries. Police said “the shooting stemmed from an altercation with an unknown male at a house party.”
• On Sunday, Memphis Police located one male shooting victim, deceased, at the 3400 block of Barclay Street. Police said they had no information about any possible suspect.
• On Sunday, officers responded to a shooting at the 3900 block of Berkshire Avenue. Officers reported locating a male inside the residence who was unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the scene. No suspect information was available.
• On Sunday, officers responded to a shooting at the 700 block of South Parkway East. They reported finding two shooting victims. One was pronounced dead at the scene. Police listed the second shooting victim as critical. Police had no information about a possible suspect.
• On Sunday morning, officers responded to a shooting at the 6700 block of Mount Moriah Road. They found two adult male shooting victims, one critical and one deceased. Police, quoting preliminary information, said the shooting victims shot each other.
• On Sunday, officers responded to a shooting call at the 4300 block of South Third Street. They reported finding a male shooting victim who did not survive his injuries. Police, quoting preliminary information, said “the victim was shot after leaving a house party.”
Memphis Police ask that people who have tips call (901) 528-CASH.
According to the Memphis-based WREG, Memphis has had a record 46 murders so far this year, as opposed to 29 this time last year.
– – –